Financial Assistance Programs

GCDHS Financial Assistance ProgramCash assistance benefits can be directly deposited into your bank account? Click here for the direct deposit enrollment form. 

Colorado WORKS

Colorado Works / Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) 

The Colorado Works program provides cash assistance to families in need. It is designed to assist customers in becoming self-sufficient by strengthening the economic and social stability of families.

There is a 60-month cumulative, lifetime limit on the receipt of Basic Cash Assistance and services. Colorado Works customers are referred to case management services through Workforce

Development and develop an Individualized Plan with their case manager.

Old Age Pension (OAP)

The OAP program provides financial assistance and may provide health care benefits for low-income Colorado residents who are sixty (60) years of age or older who meet basic eligibility requirements.

Aid to the Needy Disabled Sate Only (AND-SO).

Home Care Allowance (HCA)

The Home Care Allowance program provides a special cash payment to a client for the purpose of securing in-home, personal care services. It must be used for non-skilled assistance with activities of daily living. Eligibility for HCA is based on both financial need and the client’s functional needs.

Learn more about other types of Cash Assistance programs.

To apply:

Electronically: Online at Colorado PEAK, or use the MyCOBenefits app on your smartphone. (You can download the app from the Apple store Google Play Store.)

Paper: English application | Applicacion en espanol

Submit paper applications:

  • By email to
  • By fax to 970-725-3696
  • In person / drop box at 129 E. Byers Ave., Hot Sulphur Springs, CO 80451
  • By mail: P.O. Box 204, Hot Sulphur Springs, CO 80451