Short Term Rentals
SHORT TERM RENTAL PERMITTING
The Grand County Board of County Commissioners recently passed Resolution 2017-5-23 affecting Short Term Rental operations in unincorporated Grand County. Effective May 24, 2017, all property owners desiring to engage in, the short-term rental of a residence in unincorporated Grand County, must apply for a Short Term Rental Permit with the Department of Community Development. If you are a current holder of a Short Term Rental Registration, the registration will remain valid through December 31, 2017.
CURRENT REGISTERED SHORT TERM RENTAL
If you are a current holder of a Short Term Rental Registration, your registration will remain valid through December 31, 2017. We request that you complete a new application for a Short Term Rental Permit by January 30, 2018.
BE IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE STATE
The state of Colorado has several compliance requirement for all short term rentals. These are primarily related to lodging and sales tax, which the Colorado Department of Revenue collects. In order to operate short term rental you must:
- Maintain a state sale tax license through Colorado Department of Revenue.
- Post the lodging and sales tax rates that will be remitted through the Colorado Department of Revenue. Grand County lodging tax rate is 1.__%; the sales tax rate is 1.___%
- Remit required sales and lodging tax to the Colorado Department of Revenue
- Additionally, Grand County recommends that short term rentals post state sales tax license number at the residence and in all rental advertising.
HELPFUL LINKS AND DOCUMENTS:
- Short Term Rental Overview
- Short Term Rental Permit Application
- Short Term Rental Notice
- Resolution 2017-5-23 Establishing Regulations for Short Term Rentals
- Colorado Department of Revenue Vacation Rentals
- General Sales Tax Information for Short Term Rental Units
- Being a Good Neighbor
- How to Report a Violation
Short Term Rental Program Office
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Short Term Rental Complaints
24 Hour Hotline:
Click here to file a complaint through Request Tracker
Community Development Department
308 Byers Ave
PO Box 238
Hot Sulphur Springs, CO 80451