Hot Sulphur Springs Driver License Office
The Hot Sulphur Springs Driver License Office is available by appointment only (Mon-Fri). Please call 970-725-3053 to schedule.
Alternatives: Driver License offices in Steamboat Springs and Frisco may have other availabilities for appointments (mydmv.colorado.gov).
New Services: We are now providing Commercial Driver Licenses, including written test, permits and renewals.
The telephone number for the Driver's License Office is 970-725-3053. The office is a single person office so the phone may not be answered when there is a customer being served. Please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as we can. Please do not call the motor vehicle office as your questions cannot be answered.
Services NOT Provided in Hot Sulphur Springs Currently
- Reinstatement Processing
- Licenses involving immigration documentation
- Written tests or drive tests for Reinstatements
- Interlock Licenses
- CDL Driving test
Information on Obtaining an ID or Driver License
It is the applicant's responsibility to read and understand the requirements at the Colorado DMV website.
Scheduling a Driving Test
All drive tests must be scheduled. There are no walk-in appointments. To schedule a driving test, or for general questions please call 970-725-3053.
Your drive test begins in the back (north) parking lot of the Granby Town Hall at Zero Jasper Avenue. Drive tests are no longer offered in Hot Sulphur Springs.
Note: Employees of the Town of Granby have no information regarding drive skills tests.
Be On Time!
You must be ON TIME for your appointment. If you arrive LATE, you may be sent away and asked to reschedule your appointment for another day. Late arrivals will not be worked into the schedule.
Cancellations and No-Shows
We ask that you make every effort to cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours in advance if you can not make your scheduled appointment. If you are not available for your appointment, please call 970-725-3748 to CANCEL so that we may refill that time slot. If you are a no-show and do not cancel at least an hour before your appointment, your record will be marked as a NO-SHOW. Any customer whose record has two "no-show" remarks on his/her record will not be able to schedule another drive test through our office.
You MUST have all of items listed below in your possession to take the drive test. If you do not have all of the items listed, you will be sent away and asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Current vehicle registration
- Current Colorado Insurance
- Driver log sheets (only for minors). The log must be TOTALED prior to arrival (50 hours total - 10 hours of those must be night driving)
- Additionally, drivers who are in the age group of 16-16.5 years old must provide proof of six hours of Behind the Wheel Training (BTW) OR proof of 12 hours of parent administered Behind the Wheel Training (BTW) along with MapQuest proof that the driver's residence is more than 30 miles from the nearest BTW Training location.
Only vehicles IN WORKING ORDER may be used for the test.
- Headlights, tail lights, turn signals, and brake lights must be in working order.
- No cracks impeding the driver’s or the tester's vision in the windshield
- No riders (children, pets, parents) are allowed in the vehicle