The County Seat is located in Hot Sulphur Springs, which is also where the Grand County Sheriff’s Office is located. The Town itself was established in 1860 making it the oldest town in the county. On September 8th, 1874 John Baker became the first elected sheriff of the county.
The River in our patch depicts the headwaters of the (today’s) Colorado River which are located in Grand County, and the snow-capped mountains represent the Continental Divide that runs through.
The Grand County Sheriff’s Office has 63 employees, within 6 divisions: Administration, Patrol, Detentions, Animal Control, Juvenile Services, and Dispatch/Communications Center, all overseen by Sheriff Schroetlin.