Serving Grand County, Colorado, since 1874
The Grand County Sheriff's Office is located in the County Seat, the Town of Hot Sulphur Springs. Hot Sulphur Springs was established in 1860 making it the oldest town in the county. On September 8th, 1874, John Baker became the first elected sheriff of the county.
The River in our patch depicts the headwaters of the (today’s) Colorado River which are located in Grand County, and the snow-capped mountains represent the Continental Divide that runs through.
The Grand County Sheriff’s Office has 63 employees, within 6 divisions: Administration, Patrol, Detentions, Animal Control, Judicial Services, and Dispatch/Communications Center, all overseen by Sheriff Brett Schroetlin.