Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU!
WIC is The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. This is a nation-wide program focused on growing healthy families.
We know how much you do to provide for the needs of your family, that’s why we’re here to help. WIC supports your child from birth to their 5th birthday and moms from pregnancy to after delivery.
To qualify for Colorado WIC,
- Currently pregnant
- Breastfeeding up to 1 year postpartum
- New mom who had a baby or was pregnant in the past 6 months
- Infants & kids up to 5 years of age
- All caregivers are welcome: mothers, fathers, grandparents and foster families.
- Must live in Colorado
- Participants of Medicaid, SNAP or TANF automatically qualify. Or your household’s gross income (the amount of money you earn before anything is taken out for taxes or other deductions), must be at or below the amounts located here:
FREE, HEALTHY FOODS, grocery assistance
- Fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Milk, cheese and more.
- Cereal and other grains.
- Peanut butter, beans and more.
- Breastfeeding information.
- Breast pumps.
- Mom-to-mom support through peer counselors.
- Breastfeeding support groups.
- Classes and information.
- Community breastfeeding resources.
- WIC has Skilled Lactation Staff
- In-person and virtual assistance
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultants
- Certified Lactation Counselors
- 1-on-1 Breastfeeding Counseling
SUPPORT WHEN BREASTFEEDING CHALLENGES ARISE
- Difficulty latching
- Sore nipples
- Low milk supply
- Return to work
- Pumping plans
- Personalized nutrition counseling on a variety of topics, including meal planning, maintaining a healthy weight, picky eaters, caring for a new baby, breastfeeding for working moms and planning meals on a budget.
- Shopping tips.
- Nutritional needs during pregnancy.
- Family-friendly recipes.
REFERRALS TO CARE BEYOND WIC
- Low-cost immunization referrals.
- Referrals for low-cost medical and dental care, health insurance, child care, housing, breastfeeding support and other services that can benefit the whole family.
- Substance abuse counseling.
- Domestic abuse counseling.
- Social services.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR WIC?
Your family may be eligible for all the great benefits Colorado WIC provides.
Contact our Grand County WIC Office at 970-725-3783 or at 970-725-3288 ext. 5 or text or send WhatsApp messages to our cell phone 970-531-5054. Or email us gcWIC@co.grand.co.us
You may also submit an online application here: