- 6:30 p.m.
- Second Wednesday of each month
- Commissioners Boardroom
Third floor of the Administration Building
308 Byers Ave.
Hot Sulphur Springs, CO 80451
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View All Agendas and Minutes
The Grand County Planning Commission consists of nine members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. Each commissioner appoints three members from their district, who serves a three-year term.
District I: Richard Cimino, Commissioner
- Ingrid Karlstrom
- Bob Gnuse
- Jennifer Scott
District II: Merrit Linke, Commissioner
- Sally Blea
- Steve Sery
District III: Kristen Manguso, Commissioner
- Marcus Davis
- Marcy Monnahan
- Kim Shepton
The Planning Commission is responsible for reviewing staff recommendations regarding land use proposals within the unincorporated portions of Grand County and issuing a recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners.
The Planning Commission is also responsible for the following:
- Prepare Master Plan: To prepare or cause to be prepared or amended the Master Plan, or any element or portion thereof, for adoption by the Planning Commission. The Grand County Planning Commission shall be responsible for the preparation, adoption, and amendment of the countywide Master Plan.
- Recommend amendments to text of these Land Use Regulations: To initiate, hear, review, consider, and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners to approve or disapprove applications to amend the text of these regulations..
- Recommend amendments to Official Zone District Map: To initiate, hear, review, consider, and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners to approve or disapprove amendments to the Official Zone District Map.
- Special Uses: To hear, review, consider, and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners to approve, approve with conditions, or deny special use permits.
- Subdivision, Subdivision Exemption, Outright Exemption, Planned Unit Development (PUD), and Rural Land Use: To hear, review, consider, and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners to approve, approve with conditions, or disapprove applications for development permit for sketch / preliminary / final plans for subdivision.