Grand County Emergency Medical Service (“GCEMS”) is proud of its mission to provide quality care to all who need it, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. We are dedicated to providing medically necessary health care services; these services are accessible to all, regardless of age, gender, geographic location, cultural background, physical mobility, or ability to pay. Read below about our billing practices and options that are available to you.
Phone: 970-887-0156 | Fax: 970-887-1698 | e-mail
As a courtesy, an Insurance claim will be filed with the appropriate company on your behalf. After a grace period of 30 days, if payment has not been received, a claim status will be required by either the patient or our office to determine the delay. If payment has been received, the credit is applied to the account and any remaining balance is the patient responsibility. Patients are given the option to pay the balance in full or establish a monthly payment plan. We are happy to assist you in appealing your payment should your insurance carrier pay incorrectly according to the terms of your policy.
Self Pay/Underinsured Accounts
An individual who does not have coverage by a commercial third-party insurer or any other Federal Healthcare Program coverage are encouraged to contact our billing office to discuss payment options.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Accounts
Insurance payments which have been sent directly to the policy subscriber must be forwarded to GCEMS. If the account has a remaining balance then the Time Pay procedures apply.
Credit/Debit Card and Electronic Check Payments
Grand County EMS is able to receive payments via credit/debit card or electronic checks. The following fees will be added to these payments:
- Credit cards will be charged an additional 2.25% plus $0.75 for each charge.
- Electronic check transactions will incur an additional $1.00 fee charged to the account holder.
****Discounts are only to be applied to out-of-pocket expense to patient ****
- Financial Assistance (FA) - An application may be completed by the financially responsible party and returned with sufficient documentation to enable an accurate determination of that individual’s financial circumstances. A discount determination is made based on the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Monthly payments are required starting from the time of the initial application process.
- GC - Grand County Resident Discount. $112.50 credit is applied to outstanding balances of all accounts that have Grand County residency.
- Pay Off Discount (POD) - An agreement may be reached to apply a discount to the outstanding out-of-pocket expenses on an account if the remaining balance is paid in full. Discount amounts will be negotiated based upon the time lapsed after services were rendered.
- Recipients that do not comply with the payment plan and become delinquent will be subject to retraction of the adjustments.
Collection Agency Accounts
When in-house collection efforts have been exhausted, accounts are sent to one of the following agencies for further collection efforts:
- County Attorney- Grand County Residence accounts may be forwarded to the county attorneys office. The county attorney can be contacted at (970)725-3347.
- Wakefield and Associates-Fort Morgan, Colorado 888-289-2053
- American Agencies-Orem, Utah 800-521-4956