Disaster Assistance Center
The Disaster Assistance Center (DAC) will be going VIRTUAL as of Thursday, November 5th at 12 pm.
The DAC provides Information on County departments, insurance, healthcare, volunteering and donations, emotional support, and evacuee provisions.
Information Phone Lines
211 Info Line, 2-1-1
Information Call Center—Grand County: 970-725-3803 (open 9am-2pm)
Non-Emergency Dispatch, 970-725-3311
Assessor's Office, 970-725-3060
Community Development (Planning & Building), 970-725-3255
Economic Development, 970-725-3129
Housing Authority, 970-725-3070
Human Services, 970-725-3331
Natural Resources, 970-887-0745
Public Health, 970-725-3288
Sheriff’s Office, 970-725-3343
Veterans Affairs, 970-725-3122
Water Quality Resources, 970-725-3058
Debris Management & Disposal
- Granby Transfer Station, 13 East Jasper Avenue, County Road 612 (Off 34), Granby, CO 80446 • (970) 627-8531 • Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm, 1st Sat 9am-12pm
- East Troublesome Fire Asbestos/Structural Debris Disposal Guide
Grand County Human Services
- Services: Grand County Human Services is available to help people apply for and answer questions about Food Assistance, Medicaid, Colorado Works and other programs.
- Grand County has activated the Colorado Works Emergency Disaster Program to help families affected by the fire. Eligibility:
- Family’s annual income must be below $75,000
- Family assistance unit must contain a dependent child (18 and under)
- Family must present a real need for services directly relating to East Troublesome Fire
- Family members must prove lawful presence
- If you believe you meet the above criteria, please submit a Colorado Works application to Grand County Human Services. We can mail or email you an application or you can visit this website to apply online. Please let us know you are applying for the Colorado Works Emergency Disaster program to better assist you.
Grand County Public Health
- Environmental Health
- Food safety
- Water quality
- Hazardous material
- Women, Infant, and Children (WIC); Senior Nutrition and Services
- Mom’s meals
- Senior totes
- FREE Vaccines
- Flu vaccine (Influenza)
- Tetanus (Tdap)
- COVID test available (dependent on demand and staffing availability)
- Environmental Health
Grand County Rural Health Network
- GC Rural Health website and Healthy Grand County website
- Services: Grand County Rural Health Network has provided and is providing the following Medical and Health-Related Services:
- Outreach to medically vulnerable population (based on client lists in our database) pre- and post-evacuation
- Prescription assistance
- Over the counter medication assistance
- Medical equipment and oxygen assistance
- Gas Cards for transportation assistance and Visa Gift Cards for more specific needs that can’t be found at donation centers
- ACHES and PAINS Vouchers: financial assistance for doctors visits, covid-19 testing, or mental health provider (or dentist for children and pregnant women) for those without insurance
- Patient Navigation/Care Coordination
- Health Coverage Guide: by appointment, assisting people on individual insurance marketplace to explore health insurance options and enroll (Open Enrollment starts 11/1/20)
- Services: Assistance for displaced residents that have lost their home.
- Need a home: If you have lost your home and need assistance in finding transitional housing, click here to complete form.
- Have a home to offer: If you are able to supply housing for evacuees until at least November 30th, click here to complete the form.
- Stay @ Winter Park, 970-726-4221
- Once a verified list of homeowners/renters is available, there will be case management support to assist with housing solutions.
If you lost your vehicle in the fire, please fill out this form to request a refund for your vehicle registration. Return to the Grand County Clerk & Recorder's Office, 308 Byers Avenue, PO Box 120, Hot Sulphur Springs, CO 80451.
Grand County Veterans Service Office
- Services: Housing services for veterans, food, clothing, connection to veterans resources.
Grand County Community Development Department (Building and Planning)
- Services: In addition to building and planning services specific information regarding, septic systems, wells, rebuilding, demolition, asbestos mitigation, site clearing and re-construction, and water testing kits.
American Red Cross
- 1 (800) 733-2767
- Services: The American Red Cross is available to offer temporary housing, cleanup supplies, medical/mental health/spiritual assistance and limited financial assistance for victims of the Colorado wildfires. Assistance is immediate and ongoing via case management.
Colorado Disaster Relief
- Services: The Colorado Baptist Disaster Relief is a national organization with the Southern Baptist disaster relief that responds to disaster across the country responding to floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires and many other types of disasters. The CBRD are present at the disaster assistance center to assist people affected by the E Troublesome Fire with debris clean-up/recovery, chaplaincy, clean-up kits, sifters, and ash-out. Ash-out entails sifting ash and debris removal.
Grand Foundation, 970-887-3111
Donation Centers (For Item Pick Up)
Please note that no donations are currently being accepted at any donation centers.
Donation Center, Inn at Silver Creek (Conference Center), 62927 Hwy 40, Granby, 303-249-2015
Hot Sulphur Springs Town Hall, 513 Aspen St, 970-725-3933
Mountain Family Center, 480 E Agate Suite 1C, 970-557-3186 (open 8:30am-4:30pm)
Grand Lake Center, 970-531-8900 (old elementary school)
Other Food, Clothing, Etc.
Changes Thrift Store in Fraser, 970-726-4222
Outbreak of Kindness, 970-363-6460
Pregnancy Resource Connection (baby supplies), 970-887-3617
Winter Park Christian Church, 970-887-9784
Outbreak of Kindness
- Facebook Page
- Services: Outbreak of Kindness provides fresh produce, protein snacks, canned goods, packaged meals, grains, condiments, drinks, household items, baby items, toiletries, health, clothing (adult and children), kids toys and games and pet supplies for those in need.
Mental Health Support
Crisis Line, 1-844-493-8255 or text TALK to 38255
Mind Springs Health support line, 877-519-7505
Mind Springs Granby Office, 970-887-2179
Behavioral Health Navigation Support, 970-531-4669
Peer support line for first responders (please leave a message), 970-363-6785
Mind Springs Health - Mental Health
- Services: Crisis counseling. If you have been impacted by the devastating Troublesome Fire, caring mental health professional are available to connect with and assist you get through the coming days. Recovering from the emotional effects of an event can take a long time but you can take steps to begin the healing.
Colorado Workforce Center
- Website (register under "Job Seeker")
- Unemployment Insurance information
- Services: Live virtual workshops, career coaching, opportunities for re-training.
Pets, Livestock & Animal Feed Needs
Grand County Animal Shelter, 970-887-2988
CSU Extension in Kremmling, Olivia Clark, 970-531-4408
Old Time Feed N’ Things, 970-887-3235
Natural Resources, Land Management & Conservation Agencies
Colorado Parks and Wildlife, 970-725-6200
Colorado State Forest Service, 970-887-3121
CSU Extension Office, 970-724-3436
Grand County Wildfire Council, 970-887-3380
Middle Park Conservation District and Natural Resources Conservation Service, 970-724-3456 ext 4
- Services: CSU will be collecting information on Agricultural needs such as needs for winter pasture, winter feed, long term animal sheltering, immediate needs of livestock owners and producers. Extension can also connect people with resources for feeding and sheltering livestock and small animals. They have information available on the following:
- Addressing the Impacts of Wildfire on Water Resources
- Bacteria in Water Wells
- Erosion Potential After a Wildfire
- Caring for Livestock During Disaster
- Caring for Livestock After Disaster
- Wildfires, Smoke and Livestock
- Colorado Hay Directory
Independent Gas, 970-887-3371 or 800-332-3810
Mountain Parks Electric, 970-725-3378
XCEL Energy, 970-262-4055 or 800-895-4999
Centurylink, 800-475-7526 (Residential)
Three Lakes Water and Sanitation District, 970-627-3544
Town of Grand Lake, 970-627-3435