Attention Veterans and Family members who have a VBA overpayment.
If you are affected by the COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS), have a VBA benefit debt and need temporary financial relief, please contact DMC at 1-800-827-0648 to request assistance
Letter from Michael T. Kilmer, Director, VA Easter Colorado Health Care System
I am Michael T. Kilmer, Director of VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System. I want to update you on our response to the COVID-19 pandemic. First, I believe that our proactive efforts have and will continue to make a difference in flattening the curve of this pandemic. Weeks ago, we stopped elective surgeries, implemented the screening of everyone who comes to any of our sites of care and we are no longer allowing visitors unless needed for caregiver support or palliative care reasons. Read More...
VA EHCHCS Business Center Closing to In-Person Appointments
To further protect the health of our Veterans and staff, the VA ECHCS Business Center is closing to in-person appointments, effective today, 23 March 2020. The link below explains how Veterans can access travel pay, Veteran Health Identification Cards (VHIC), release of information, eligibility/enrollment, etc. until our Business Center reopens for in-person customer service. The VA ECHCS Business Center will only be allowing in-person customer service for new enrollees and new VHIC card issue.
The Veterans Office prides itself in assisting veterans and their dependents to obtain the benefits they have earned. The Veterans Office has most Veterans Administration application forms on hand. The Veterans Office can help with these questions and many more:
- Request for Copies of Military Discharges
- Request for Home Loan Eligibility
- Request for Service-Connected Compensation
- Request for Veterans Administration Pension
- Request for Veterans Administration Health Care Benefits
- Request for Burial / Death Benefits
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." - Theodore Roosevelt
Fraser Safeway Supports Veterans with 10% Discount
Fraser Safeway store will offer a 10% discount on groceries to all active duty, reserve and retired military personnel Nov. 11‐17th, and will continue to offer the 10% discount on the first Saturday of every month. The discount programs further the company’s commitment and appreciation to customers who have served our country.
Job Opportunity for Veterans
70 West Trucking, LLC, a local Colorado company, is hiring seasonal / part time / full time ready mix concrete truck driver operators in Fraser, Winter Park, Granby areas.
$25 to $30 an hour, depending on experience.
Full healthcare programs are available after 15 days of employment if hired on a full time basis.
- Safely and efficiently operate concrete mixer truck transporting ready mix concrete to and from various job sites and residences as directed by the plant manager or dispatcher.
- Interact with dispatchers and customers to ensure proper delivery, placement, and payment.
- Visually inspect the quality and consistency of concrete in the mixer truck.
- Perform pre-trip equipment inspections including tire pressure, brakes, air pressure, fluid levels, lights (headlights, brake lights, running lights, etc.).
- Fill out vehicle inspection and maintenance report at the end of each day.
- Operate vehicles safely in a variety of conditions, both on and off road, and ability to work a varying schedule as the work dictates.
- Be comfortable driving in mountain terrain.
- Must be able to work 40+ hour weeks
- High school diploma or GED
- We welcome Military Veterans
- Must be efficient, productive, and provide good customer service.
- One year of work experience operating heavy tandem axle trucks (mixer truck experience preferred).
- Must be able to read, write, and understand written and oral instructions in English.
- Must be able to operate a tandem truck with manual transmission.
- Must have general knowledge of Department of Transportation rules and regulations, vehicle safety, concrete material handling, equipment maintenance, vehicle weight capacities, road weight limits, and basic GPS navigation.
- Must have a valid CDL license, Class B with Air Brake endorsement.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass a DOT physical and drug screen.
- No criminal background.