The following memo was sent Friday, April 1, 2022 from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs:
COVID-19 cases in the United States continue to decline, although the pace slowed recently. Hospitalizations have fallen more than two-thirds from their January peak. To help individuals make choices that are right for them, CDC is now using COVID-19 case rates, admission rates and percent of hospital beds occupied by COVID-19 patients to offer a new COVID-19 Community Levels tool. Regardless of the reported community level, masks remain a requirement for everyone in our health care facilities.
VA ECHCS travel assistants are working overtime to clear a backlog of travel reimbursement claims. To minimize delays and reduce intervention, Veterans should submit an electronic form via the VA Beneficiary Travel Self Service System (BTSSS). Complete one claim per trip and attach all receipts. The BTSSS profile must match a patient record. If an address or phone number is incorrect, update the information during the next VA visit. If an open claim isn’t for labs, radiology or community care and it’s marked “in manual review,” a travel assistant may be reaching out. Veterans can call them at 720-857-5419, 720-857-5420, 720-857-5421 or 719-227-4728.
Job Opportunity for Veterans
70 West Trucking, LLC, a local Colorado company, is hiring seasonal / part time / full time ready mix concrete truck driver operators in Fraser, Winter Park, Granby areas.
$25 to $30 an hour, depending on experience.
Full healthcare programs are available after 15 days of employment if hired on a full time basis.
- Safely and efficiently operate concrete mixer truck transporting ready mix concrete to and from various job sites and residences as directed by the plant manager or dispatcher.
- Interact with dispatchers and customers to ensure proper delivery, placement, and payment.
- Visually inspect the quality and consistency of concrete in the mixer truck.
- Perform pre-trip equipment inspections including tire pressure, brakes, air pressure, fluid levels, lights (headlights, brake lights, running lights, etc.).
- Fill out vehicle inspection and maintenance report at the end of each day.
- Operate vehicles safely in a variety of conditions, both on and off road, and ability to work a varying schedule as the work dictates.
- Be comfortable driving in mountain terrain.
- Must be able to work 40+ hour weeks
- High school diploma or GED
- We welcome Military Veterans
- Must be efficient, productive, and provide good customer service.
- One year of work experience operating heavy tandem axle trucks (mixer truck experience preferred).
- Must be able to read, write, and understand written and oral instructions in English.
- Must be able to operate a tandem truck with manual transmission.
- Must have general knowledge of Department of Transportation rules and regulations, vehicle safety, concrete material handling, equipment maintenance, vehicle weight capacities, road weight limits, and basic GPS navigation.
- Must have a valid CDL license, Class B with Air Brake endorsement.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass a DOT physical and drug screen.
- No criminal background.