Building and Sanitation Services

Where to Bring Your Application
The Building and Sanitation Services Office is the building authority for the towns of Grand Lake, Hot Sulphur Springs, Kremmling, and all unincorporated areas. 

Within Town Limits
If your project is within the town limits of one of the locations listed above, start with the town in question to have them review and sign off on their zoning authority, then bring your application packet to the county Building and Sanitation Services Office.

Within Unincorporated Grand County
If your project is in unincorporated Grand County, bring your application packet directly to our office; the county Planning and Zoning Services Office will review for zoning. 

Some subdivisions impose restrictive covenants, which require approval of an Architectural Control Committee on plans for construction. Have your plans reviewed and approved by any external committee before placing them for application with the county Building and Sanitation Services.

In addition, many subdivisions have plat restrictions, which require soil testing, engineered foundations, etc. Contact the county Zoning Services Office to find out what your subdivision restrictions may be.

Property Location

View the interactive Grand County Water and Sanitation App in a full screen