Grand County, BLM & USFS lands in Grand County are in Stage 2 Fire Restriction
Please call 970-725-3852 for further information
or go to gcemergency.com
Links for checking fire bans and forecasts:
Slash Pile Burn Season
Fire Protection District#1 (Granby) 94
Fire Protection District#2 (Grand Lake) 73
Fire Protection District#3 (HSSP) 18
Fire Protection District#4 (Fraser Valley) 145
Fire Protection District#5 (Kremmling) 48
102 Days long (Dec 26 to April 8) allowing a total of 1121 hours of burning
3,349 Piles permitted with 3,120 piles burned
7,517,119 Cubic Feet (CF) of material permitted with 6,820,923 CF burned
Of the 378 permits, only 30 did not report any burning activity
The general conditions of the permit are as follows:
- NEW FOR 2017-18 All Standard permits will be $20; Commercial permits still $500
- Approval must be given by the Division of Natural Resources for ignition on a daily basis during the burn season.
- Inspection of piles may be required by the division.
- The burn area will be attended at all times while flames are present.
- The permit must be on-site with the individual supervising the burn.
- Hazardous or toxic materials or construction debris cannot be burned in an open burn pile - only untreated wood is permitted in a burn pile.
- It is recommended that pile sizes not be larger than 15 ft x 15 ft x 10 ft to allow for maximum opportunity to burn.
- Piles and material in piles should be dried for a minimum of one year prior to ignition. Large diameter material (greater than 6 inches in diameter) cannot exceed 20% of the pile density.
- Stumps and/or dirt are not allowed in open burn piles and piles containing dirt / stumps cannot be permitted.
- Homeowner association (HOA) regulations take primacy over county regulations.
- Any of the above conditions not met shall render the burn permit null and void and enforcement action by Grand County and possibly the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment can result.
- Burn season will have closures on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day & New Years Day.
- Colorado Department of Public Heath and Environment Smoke Management for Everyone
- Colorado Pile Construction Guide, from CO State Forest Service & CO Dept. of Public Safety/Div of Fire Prevention & Control
- Grand County Burn Program Brochure
- Tree Removal Services List